Skip to main content

4 Countries in one day...


To end my time in the UK I have been given the gift of spending a week in the Netherlands. 


You know how you dream & plan in your teens of all the things you are going to see in your life, when you are older....and the people you plan to see them with feel as though they are a definite thing.

Funny how things don't turn out even close to how you planned them. Life seems to throw you into a rat race and you aren't even sure that you signed up for it, it just sort of happens.

In an naive way a part of me still hopes that some of those dreams come true to travel the world (and when I say world I mean Europe and Canada, haha) with the ones I always pictured myself experiencing it with.

But for now, I will take what I can get, with a heart full of joy and gratitude, for this adventure I have been blessed to have. So here I am. In the Netherlands. A place that holds my heritage. Where a young couple met, feel in love, married and embarked on a brave journey to an unknown country. And had one thing altered in their lives, I very well may not have been here writing this now. It's humbling to recognize how every decision matters and every choice can make a difference, it is making me evaluate a lot these days.

Here are a few shots of the car ride and ferry ride. 
I have been in 4 countries in less then 1 day. Not something that you can do everyday, at least where I am from!
The White Cliffs of Dover.
The sun setting over the English Channel .

Hello France, 'I get to say I have been here'   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...