Skip to main content

"I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams"


It has arrived.
Christmas.
With a blink of an eye, 3 months have flown by.
I find myself now at the moment in time where not being home for Christmas was a reality I would have to face.

As much as I love and miss my family, I have found peace and love in the family I have made here.

Instead of being sad about what I will miss, I want to choose joy for all that I have had the privilege of  being apart of and gratitude for a family and friends worth missing.

I choose to embrace all the wonderful new experiences I will receive by being out of the usual.

What I have found is generosity, kindness, thoughtfulness, open homes and love.

To those of you at home thank you for the emails, mail and even gifts, THANK YOU!!!! I miss and love you all!

To those of you here, I cannot being to express my gratitude for your kindness, hugs, words of encouragement, gifts, inviting me to join in and including me.

Merry Christmas!
Here are a few photos



A friend made me a stocking!
I had a whole bag of gifts to unwrap!!
I love getting mail!
Christmas Decorations!
Christmas Shopping in Windsor 

Ice Skating at Hampton Court
By the end it started to rain


Hot Chocolate from home!

Rainy evening in London looking at the lights!









Christmas night ended with watching the Downton Abbey Christmas special with a wonderful family!



Comments

  1. Merry Christmas Sheens! Glad you are embracing being away and all the blessings you have there. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...