Skip to main content

soundrack


I must confess I enjoy a good soundtrack
The original scores that set the tone and feel for a movie.
Songs written by musician's, chosen by the story teller who is listening to the lyrics that they hope will help place emphasis on a moment in the story they are trying to tell.
Telling a story to you in pictures, words and music.

For those of you who know me well, you have come to realize I have a thing for Period Drama's. Specifically Jane Austen, but not limited to... =)
(Only a few that I have in my collection)
When I was a young girl my aunt introduced me to the world of movies that took place in a slower and simplified time.
And since then, my heart has held a love for not only the stories of Jane Austen, Lucy M Montgomery, Charles Dickens, Louisa May Alcott etc, but also the music that was composed to complete the telling of their stories. (Now the goal is to read the books!)
Owning soundtracks happens to be a weakness. I love listening to them while I read, sleep, write, drive or in moments I need to think.

Do you ever wish that in a moment of excitement and joy or disappointment and sorrow,that you had your own personal soundtrack.
A song playing in the background of what is taking place in your heart and mind to help bring clarity to the moment.

Ever have those 'movie' moments in life where you think, where is the song playing to complete this moment... I do. If I am to be honest ;)

I often wish I had my own personal soundtrack and can't help but wonder what songs would be playing in the background of my life.
We all leave a legacy when we leave this world. If that legacy was in a soundtrack, what would yours be filled with? What songs composed, would tell the story of your life? What would it say about you and how you lived and loved those around you....

When heard by the ones left behind ,what would the response be> To sit and listen, cherishing each wonderful note as the melody progressed. Or, could they not turn it off quickly enough.

What legacy will you leave behind today...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...