Skip to main content

Hello 30...


Hello 30... 

Saying that out loud doesn't make it feel any more real.
It doesn't even help persuade me to think I could possibly be here yet.
Interesting how it seemed so far away... so, dare I say it, old.
Yet here I am. 
I can't say I feel, old, nor ready for any of the things I once associated with that word.
I barely feel able and ready to face the world as an independent woman let alone be able to be responsible for a family any time soon. 
I still very much feel like a young girl unsure and unprepared for the 'real world.'

Which if I am being honest, I thought I would have had the whole, 'package' deal at this age.
Only when comparing myself to my friends and those around who have 'it' I find myself freaking out that I have somehow fallen behind without realizing it.

Deep breath. 
As that is not at all truth.

I cannot say I regret where I am now. 
This journey, this adventure, could not be any more exhilarating and freeing.
I find myself afraid, unsure, free failing without voice as the scream is stuck inside my throat.
And yet there is an odd peace that washes over me in these moments.

I am where I should be. 
The choices and decisions I once made in my youth to help govern the person I am today, are not without purpose. 
They are the very thing that has allowed me to do and see all that I have. 


To experience a new joy and challenge that would not be for the taking if I did not allow to be pushed from the nest of comfort, safety and security.

Thanks to His grace and new mercies only, everyday, in allowing me the strength and courage to take a road, leaf covered and unknown. 
With difficulty and challenge, I have found these views most rewarding and fulfilling.


My eyes.

My heart.
They contain my 'Souvenirs', 'My mental pictures of everything'.
I feel blessed for all I have experienced. 
For the family and friends I get to call mine.
For the strangers who took me in and included me into their world, and in turn have become my home away from home.
Often the question comes, what are you doing after September. 
Honestly, I have no idea.
Here is what I have learned. 
We must have dreams and a vision for our future. 
But we must not cling to tightly to them but hold them loosely in our hands before God, our Father. 
Allowing Him to be in every area. 

Affording Him a voice in what we should hold more tightly to and those things we may need to loosen our grip on.
Because sometimes, the things we want so badly, when they do not come to pass, can cripple us from being able to live our lives in any other way then the way we always dreamed or hoped it would be.

Here's to whatever may be...30...here I come.

"My Souvenirs,My Mental Pictures of everything...Life was just happening"
 'Souvenirs' -Switchfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxjLnR8JR4










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...