Skip to main content

Peace

With every breath we inhale the present.
With every exhale we breath out the past.

Present.
Past.

At war with one another

For the past is a distant memory of what was.
Its sound echos all around trying to distract, trying to drown out the present.

Breath in.
For the past is only as powerful as you allow it to be.

A choice.
To make peace with our past.

In the beautiful exchange our past becomes what was.
And what is... becomes the choice we enter into.
A new rhythm.
A new sound.

From strength to strength we grow and we change.

Peace with one another.
Peace with God.
Peace with ourselves.
For His peace that passes understanding guards our heart and minds. (Philippians 4:7) 

Or...will we be victims of our past, for life, prisoners to disappointment and pain?
Viewing it as the enemy we will battle until we draw our last breath?
All the while missing out on the life we have in the present where the past cannot touch it, unless we allow it to, robbing us of any peace.

Can we make peace with our past?
Befriend it?
And allow it to be the story from which our present was built upon?
An overcoming.
A learning.
An opportunity.

We all have a story to share.
We all have one life to live.

With every breath we inhale the present.
With every exhale we breath out the past.

Peace.
Be still, oh my soul.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
 I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. -John 14:27





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...