Skip to main content

Have yourself a merry little Christmas....



It's official, at least at this present moment.
It will be a green Christmas here in England.

The picture I took this afternoon, has been such a strange site to behold since the day I arrived.
 I never put together, England, and Palm trees. And yet, everyday I look out to the back yard and there it is in all it's 'tropical' glory, feeling wrongly placed, in my opinion. However,  this year I can say I celebrated Christmas where the palm trees grew. Seriously you will see them all over the places in random yards.
But the other amazing thing about this picture is that there are 2 roses still in bloom.
I can't say that I have ever seen roses in bloom on Christmas day. Now I can :)


I have been visited with the gift of full blown cold.
Right in time for Christmas.
So today I thought I'd go for a walk and treat myself to a little Christmas Eve lunch.
It was nice to get out and walk and breath in fresh air.
Merry Christmas to all my beloved Family and Friends.
I shall miss you, but I am enjoying my experience of an 'English' Christmas.
May you all enjoy every minute of your time together celebrating the greatest gift we have ever received
May His love and grace fill your hearts, and may you grow in more in love with the Saviour of the world, with every breath you take.
Thank you God, for Jesus, his life, death and resurrection.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...