Skip to main content

Looking for the positives while being sick


This week started off lovely. I went to church and it was a wonderful service.

I decided to 'take in the air' so I selected my new hat given to me for Christmas by my aunt, and set off with my one headphone, due to the ear issue, to enjoy a lovely day by walking at the local little park.

It felt like spring. Not winter. The birds were singing lovely songs. People were out walking their dogs, and playing fetch with them. The play ground was filled with children laughing and playing as parents watched or joined in.
I had my phone with me and was able to take a few pictures.(Thanks Risa!)

 This tree looked like it was in bloom. Sadly the sun was nearing the end of it's permitting shine for the day and so weren't as bright as I had hoped but none the less you get the idea.
                                      
                                                                                                                                                               
     


At the beginning of the week I was blessed by another wonderful package in the mail from Melanie! Much thanks to you Melanie for your thoughtful gift! I truly blessed my heart, and I am very excited to make use of the lovely items!






 Tuesday night I had the lovely visitor known around these parts as the vomit bug.
He did a number on me  in the evening and all through the night. I spend all of Wednesday in bed, and Thursday and Friday slowly my energy has returned.

Despite the unpleasant start, health wise (with head cold and middle ear burst and then the vomit bug), to this year, I still wanted to wanted to start things right.

I am really being challenged and encouraged in ways I have not been in so long. I feel very blessed to be attending the church I am, and am determined to make this year count. I want to seize every day, make every moment matter.
 
We took Master E to a park on Fridayand I saw this sign and laughed. Thought you all may enjoy it as well!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...