Skip to main content

Odds and Ends

 A few signs I found amusing 
 My Cousin knew how much I wished to share this trip with her and her mom, as they were the ones who introduced me to everything England that I have grown to love. So she sent me 'them' to take with me and share in them seeing the sites with me. I thought it was very creative! =D
This was a project the adults worked on over the course of 3 nights; 3D puzzles are a pain!


 This is the Cowl my cousin Johanna made me. I love it.
I decided to bake some cookies. And thought I'd enjoy a Chai tea that Melanie sent me, while listening to Downton Abbey. 









 Lego can be rather addictive Master E and I build this together one day.

Another goal was to read Emma while in England... I have only a few weeks to achieve that goal!

Mornings and I aren't the greatest friends. But I have to say, when I wake up to sites in the sky such as these two days, mornings begin to win me over. Kinda...*yawn*


Comments

  1. Yay! Thinking of Jane Austen, I found Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters on sale awhile back and then realized that I hadn't read Sense and Sensibility yet. The parody wouldn't be funny unless I read the original (even if I had watched the movie =P) So we can read Jane Austen novels together and apart =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing Leaves

"I keep turning over new leaves, and spoiling them, as I used to spoil my copybooks; and I make so many beginnings there never will be an end."   ~Jo March,  Louisa May Alcott, Little Women. A few years ago, I upgraded to a new-to-me, used iPhone.  The camera was better, the storage slightly larger for my obsessive hobby of taking photos of things that caught my eye during walks.  (Let me be honest, it happened far too often, but then again, it's who I am!) My friend's husband jokingly asked if it came with a photo album of leaves, or something along those lines. To his credit, it was a witty and hilarious joke that reflected a reality and truth, that all who were present knew very well... Sheena sure loved to post photos of leaves. I can't help it, my breath catches and I want to document the moment, the transition and to share it with others.  The difference between today and tomorrow is everything in this season.  So, I don't want to miss this moment, th...

Hello my old friend

Photo by  Hush Naidoo  on  Unsplash    Friday evening coffee with a friend = a decision to drop by the  Blood Donation Clinic first. They called to say they were in town. Having missed the call, I forgot the message. Until the evening rolled around. I messaged my friend. "Should we do our civic duty  and go give blood before coffee?" "My mother is telling me not to be a wuss... so I guess I have to..." After arriving, we have to answer quite a few interesting  questions to confirm eligibility. Next step, they test your hemoglobin levels. To be eligible to donate, your blood must read 125 & over. 'Prick' My finger now flowing just enough for them to take and test. 124. An option to test the other hand. But they must collect enough for two readings. Both readings must be 125+ 127 120 Not able to donate. Leaving the cubicle, hands empty, my friend's eyes take note, register the fact I am withou...

Waiting for Gilbert

The unfolding of something beautiful is sometimes found in the waiting I went for a walk with a friend a while back along the river. Our goal was to find a independently owned coffee shop/tea house at the next town. As we got closer, we discovered that what we were looking for didn't seem to be found anywhere. We contemplated just going into a pub, but thought, 'no there must be something more.' We carried on walking. Hoping. But seeing nothing. We saw the familiar signs. Starbucks, Costa, Nero. Looking at each other... looking to the other, to decide what to do.... 'Do we just cave in, is there any hope of finding what we were looking for.,,?' We decided to give it a few more minutes,walking a bit further. Something caught our eye. No big sign, nothing to suggest this is it, this is what we had been looking for. Just little things to peak our curiosity, little bits of hope arising. As we got to this door we looked in to discover, a unique coffee sho...